Saturday, February 02, 2008

Fate ... huh ?

Perhaps one of my most favorite topics for discussion, mostly because it makes me a little uncomfortable and is a bit of a challenge for me to think about it -- not that I can't think about it (God only knows my imagination is wilder than the wildest animals) but because it is hard for me to understand this concept. Accepting it is way beyond my capability.
All my life, I have learned to understand life in a practical and methodical manner. Blame my strongly scientific and engineering education, or the fact that I enjoy patterns and mechanisms, but the issue remains the same - there are things that I just can't comprehend and which seem completely out of control. People call it fate/destiny, but I just cannot understand it.
Life being a sum total of actions and reactions seems to make so much sense, what we call destiny, then, is just the sum of actions that were not executed by us or were not under our immediate control. But does that mean that we couldn't have influenced them ? Now that is something to think about.

1 comment:

Me said...

lol. fate is the eternal dilemma, isn't it?

:)